1. Log into your Exotel account
2. Click on the 'SMS' button on the top left
3. Enter the number to which you want to send the SMS
4) Enter your message content OR
5) Optionally choose an SMS template What is an sms template and how can i get it approved? If there are placeholders(%d and %s) in your template replace them with actual numbers and text respectively.
6) Click send SMS. That's it!
Check out the video for your reference:
Note: TRAI has now made it mandatory for any Indian Entities communicating to their customers via SMS must be registered in one of the DLT portals. For detailed information visit here: TRAI Regulations on Commercial Communications (DLT portal) - SMS in India