2) Type the message template. You can use the placeholders %d (for numbers) and %s (for alpha numeric text) within the template. Eg: Thanks for registering on our website. Your account number is %s. Your account manager will talk to you shortly.
3) Click on 'Add new template'
By default the template added will be shown as promotional. We will process the template and get it approved as a Transactional template if there is no marketing content in the template. Once approved, you may start sending Transactional SMSs through the Exotel UI or through APIs.
Reasons why a template could be promotional:
- The contents of the template were promotional in nature
- The template was too open ended (ending with the placeholder %s, without much static content)
1) You will find a link 'Choose a SMS template' in the SMS widget on the Exotel dashboard.
2) Click on that link and select any template
3) Replace the %d or %s with your required text and send away to glory!