Note: Voice-over recordings are available only for Full paid accounts. If you are on a trial account, you can check out the list of pre-recorded voice messages in the Audio Library (You need to be logged in to your Exotel account to access this).
Professional voice-over is one of the services offered by Exotel. At Exotel, we understand that not all companies have in-house voice artists, and we would like to help you project a professional image.
A short video:
How to request a professional voice-over recording?
You can request a voice-over to be done by our professional artist. To do so, you need to
- Login to your Exotel account, go to the AppStore page under the admin section.
2. Open the app by clicking on "Edit call app"
3. Move to the Greeting applet or Menu applet for which you want the recording done
4. Click on the applet and enter the text to be recorded and click on "Get this text Recorded".
On clicking the "Get this text recorded" button - You will receive a notification from Exotel in your email which looks like this:
Once the artist finishes the recording, they will upload it at the corresponding part of the same app from where you requested the recording. After which you will receive an email that looks like this:
Now, login to your account, Go to "App Bazaar" and click on the flow with Flow ID (In this 14836) to listen to the recordings. In the case of readymade apps, You will be able to spot the app anyway
Where can I find the recordings?
All your recordings are available in your audio library if you wish to review them.
You can also access them from any flow/any applet by choosing the "Choose from library" option (the 4th option) in the applets like greeting, voicemail, menu, etc.
- Charges: ₹ 600 per recording request with a maximum limit of 200 words. Every time you press "Get this text recorded", it is considered as one request and will cost ₹ 600.
- Turn around time: Takes 1 business day.
- Languages supported: English (Indian, American & British accent), Hindi, Tamil, Marathi
Will I get a discount on bulk recordings?
If you get more than 25 recordings in one shot,
Can I download and reuse these recordings?
Once recorded, the recordings are yours. You can download them from the audio library and use it inside and outside Exotel. Also, you don't need to worry about the recordings going away when you change the flow as all these are available to use forever.
If you find any problems in submitting content for voice-over, try reloading the page.
If the steps above please click on the Support button at the bottom of the page. This will open a pop-up. Please enter the following details in the pop-up
- Subject: Problem of requesting a voice-over
- Time at which you faced the problem
- The error message that was shown on the dashboard
- It is preferable if you take a screenshot by clicking on the camera button
When you click on the Send Feedback button, this will create a ticket on our support portal, and our Customer Happiness Executives will look into it and assist you.