1) A message sent by a bank to an account holder regarding his/her available account balance.
2) A message sent to the client by a company regarding his Invoice amount.
Within Exotel a transactional message is one which conforms to one of your approved Transactional message templates. For more information on how to configure your templates please check Where do I create a Transactional SMS template and how do i get it approved?
Examples of Transactional templates:
- "Your order no %d has been shipped. You will receive this order by %s. Thanks for using our services."
- "Thanks for participating in our missed call campaign to save nature. Your enrollment id is %d"
Note: %d is used to substitute numbers and %s is used to substitute alpha-numeric strings.
Promotional SMS: These are SMSes which are sent with the objective of promoting your product or service. This category includes any sales & marketing messages which may or may not be solicited by the recipient.
Examples of promotional SMS:
Dear Travel Agents, Now Get Flat 10% Off on Flight (Basic Fare) , Same has been updated on the portal. Login now and start booking !
- Dear %s, Our team wishes you a very Happy %s. We have mailed you a dining voucher at your address with 20% discount on Food and Buffet..valid till %s. You can also show this SMS with voucher code %s to avail it.