Exotel has decided to move our front facing numbers away to a different service provider considering some of the service disruptions that we faced recently. We are committed to provide you best of the service and have to take a hard stance on migrating to a new operator to ensure that we serve you in best possible manner
We will be discontinuing the services on the current set of numbers by 31st March, 2019 and will not be able to support calls on these numbers post this date.
1. Which numbers are you referring to?
You should have received an email from “Support from Exotel” on Feb 13th 2019 from our team with the list of landline numbers along with its corresponding new number.
In case of uncertainty, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. I pay for your service, why should I be affected by your operator relates issues?
- Exotel is dependant on service providers / operators for telecom lines and our infrastructure is based on the operator network. We understand that this is inconvenient for you, and while we regret the inconvenience, we do not have other options.
3. Why can’t you port the numbers to a different operator instead?
- Landline portability is not an option in India. We have been discussing with Department of Telecommunications on this possibility, but this is not in place as of now.
4. What if people call us on the existing numbers?
We will be keeping your numbers active till 31st March 2019, and you can start using alternate number immediately after making the necessary changes. This will give you some time to migrate your users to new numbers.
Meanwhile you can proactively reach out to your customers via call/SMS campaigns. You could download the list of customers who have reached out to you in the past 6 months via reports and set up campaigns via API or via dashboard.
5. Will there be any disruption with my current services before migration?
- Currently we have added an alternate number as a backup to your existing set of numbers. This will ensure outbound calls go through seamlessly via primary or backup numbers. Please note, caller Id might be different for outgoing in case call is routed via backup number.
For incoming calls, connectivity issues might continue if users are dialling into your existing number considering the quality issues that we are facing with the existing operator. To ensure seamless connectivity for Incoming as well, change your front facing number to the backup number and write to email@example.com for migration.
6. I do not want to proceed with this replacement, give me other options.
- We understand your concern. However we really do not see us able to provide stable service on your current Reliance lines.
7. Transfer the ownership of these numbers to us.
- Landline numbers are owned by operators and we do not have the authority to transfer the ownership of the numbers.
8. What are the implications of changing my front-facing number?
- Any logic implemented on the existing Landline number should be changed to the new alternate number at your end.
Passthru Applet - Any URL/link where the logic is based on the existing virtual number or caller ID parameter, any CRM integration based on the existing Virtual number.
Status Callback - Any URL/link where the logic is based on the existing virtual number or caller ID parameter.
SMS Sender ID - Your current SMS Sender ID will be carried forward to the new virtual number by Exotel.
APIs - API logic/call where the Virtual number or caller ID parameter is used to GET, POST, map, etc needs to be replaced with the alternate new ExoPhone against the existing ExoPhone respectively.
Review SMS templates and replace content at your end
SMS templates such as please give a missed call to 080-XXXXXXXX
For enquiries reach us at 080-XXXXXXXX, etc, need to be changed at your end.
Reports changes - Post the migration, you will be able to download ExoPhone specific reports for the new virtual number. If you need the old ExoPhone specific report, the data will be available in the overall report.
Caller ID on the handset - For all the outgoing calls, you may here on see the new caller Id.
9. What do you mean by replacing the numbers?
For each of your existing ExoPhone, there is already an alternate ExoPhone reserved. With your consent, we would swap the ExoPhone with the alternative ExoPhone reserved.
All your call flows will be mapped as per the existing setup. The swapping will enable you to use the new number immediately (within 3 days).
We shall add the existing numbers as backups to the new number and hence customers reaching you on the old numbers would still get through the calls, until end of March.
During this transition, we request you to do all the front-end changes and replace the existing numbers with the corresponding new number for display.
Your ExoPhone: 0123xxxxxxx
Backup associated: 0456xxxxxxx
Your ExoPhone: 0456xxxxxxx
Backup associated: 0123xxxxxxx
*Post swapping the back-up numbers will eventually go down as per above mentioned timelines.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements and options.