Exotel tries to alert you well in advance so that you have enough time to refill the credits in your account (if you are on the prepaid model) or make a payment before the outstanding bill amount crosses the credit limit threshold (if you are on the postpaid model). Both these events are serious and thus, need your attention. You can now set the time duration for which you need these reminders. It looks like this in your Notification settings page:
Please note the following -
- Our billing duration is once a month. So, the longest you can get alerted for is also a month. If you set this to 30, then the day after your bill is generated, we will start alerting you to make a payment for the next month!
- The default is 4 days.
- All billing related alerts get sent both as Emails and SMS to all admins of the account. However, by reducing the time frame to 1 (day), you will get alerted only once a month (the day before your account is either going to cross-credit limit/balance becomes zero)
- Different admins can have different time frames for this alert. For example, your accounts person can receive this notification much before the CEO.
- We use an intelligent algorithm (talk to us if you are curious about this algorithm) using which we predict when the negative balance/credit limit event will happen. This is based on your past usage. If there are sudden spikes or large variance in usage in your account, this algorithm will become stupid.
- This alert is really only an indicator. The actual event may not happen on the day we predict it to happen.