There are three ways to find out what happened to an SMS sent through the SMS API.
- Pull the status using the GET method of SMS/Messages resource
Example for Linux command line:
$ curl "https://<ExotelSid>:<ExotelToken>@api.exotel.com/v1/Accounts/<AccountSid>/SMS/Messages/4dd44cc0f7010ee43ca256126f3efc88"
The response can be in XML or JSON or CSV. More details are on the developer page.
- Have Exotel push the SMS status to you after delivery.
- Pass an additional parameter "StatusCallback" in your SMS POST request
- This parameter should be a valid URL that is hosted by you on one of your servers
- Exotel will make a POST request to the above URL with the following parameters: "SmsSid", "Status" and "DateUpdated"
- DetailedStatusCode and DetailedStatus fields are currently unavailable via StatusCallback
The various possible types of Status, DetailedStatus, and DetailedStatusCode are being discussed on the Get SMS Details API page.
- Download reports
The various filters and columns available in reports are discussed here
If you have any questions or concerns, please connect with us using the chat widget on your Exotel Dashboard or Whatsapp us on 08088919888