The dashboard is accessible as SMS Stats (Beta) under the SMS section of your Exotel portal.
SMS Stats is currently in beta stage.
SMS Stats has the following sections
- SMS Type: All, Transactional High, Transactional, Transactional Opt-in, and Promotional
- Dates: Any dates in the last 6 months. To view data for a single day, select From = 2022-02-14, To = 2022-02-14
- These filters apply to all graphs shown on this page
Total SMS are split into 3 categories. Please refer to the Glossary for SMS Stats for definitions of the categories: Deliverable, Undeliverable and Pending, and the SMS API documentation for more detail on what the errors mean
Deliverable SMS represents the SMS that did not have any DLT, DND, or other errors, and could be delivered to the customer
Delivery Latency represents the time period over which SMS is delivered
- Delivery Latency is not applicable to SMS Type = Promotional, as delivery reports are not available for promotional messages
- Promotional messages are excluded when computing Delivery Latency for SMS Type = All SMS
Total SMS Stats
Shows detailed information on Deliverable, Undeliverable and Pending messages including
- SMS Count (Volume)
- % within each section and % of the total
1. Unless otherwise indicated, SMS Volumes are shown everywhere on the SMS Stats dashboard. However, long or vernacular messages may have to be split into 2 or more SMS Units. Billing is based on the number of SMS Units.
2. Pending messages are either messages that are still in transit or have been delivered but the operator has not yet sent the delivery report back to us.
Messages that cannot be delivered are tried for up to 24 hours after submission. This means that if a subscriber is out of network (for instance), we will continue to try for 24 hours before giving up. Due to this, reports may take additional time (post delivery) to reflect the final delivery status.
We automatically refresh this page every 15 minutes to reflect any updates we receive with regard to pending messages.
3. SMS Stats data is available from 15 Jan 2022. Going forward, up to 1 month of data can be viewed at a time (for up to 6 months historically).
4. We are working on making this information more "real-time", and plan to make this available to you shortly. Currently, data for the previous day becomes available at 6 AM every day.
For more information, Use the "Support" widget at the bottom of the screen to tell us. You can also reach out to us with the below-mentioned details
Do note this feature is currently under 'Private Beta' and guidelines for the same are mentioned above. For any feedback or bugs, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support contact details: